Weekend peace

On Sunday I had just settled down for a nice breakfast in my PJs when there was a knock on my door. I open and there was a young police officer asking if I had heard any noise last night. My next door neighbour had had her door kicked in sometime during the Saturday afternoon or evening.
There was a small congregation of worried neighbours out on the landing, they too in their PJs. I joined in and was told that many neighbours had been burgled. A worrying thought.

In this case they had only managed to steal the landline! Surely the black market for stolen landlines must be limited these days when most people only have a mobile, or? Someone suggested it must have been a drug addict or something.
I don’t care who it was, it makes me feel insecure. I can’t even afford a home insurance and neither can my neighbours. I try to save up for a new pair of glasses since I’m blind as a bat with my old ones and glasses has to come before an insurance.

It’s all because the security system does not work, people can just kick on the door’s security system and let themselves in!
I called the landlord and told them there is no security here. She said she will talk to the maintenance guy about it but I’m pretty sure nothing will come out of it because they need to replace the entire system to one that you can’t kick open.

What to do next? Buy a gun? Create a neighbourhood watch? Hope and pray it will not happen to me? What?  

All suggestions kindly accepted...

No comments:

Post a Comment