The missing things

The snow hit us just before Christmas and the news called it arctic weather. A slight exaggeration when it never was below -1°C. There was two centimetres of snow in London and all the airports had to close! Seriously, is it not time for the airports to invest in some winter equipment?

As a result of the weather, my sister was not able to come and visit me as planned! I was devastated, maybe even more so because she was bringing some Christmas gifts to me and I will now look forward to a Christmas home alone and with no gifts, bugger!
Another thing that went missing was one of my Christmas stockings in the hallway. The other day there was a party in the house and the next morning the stocking was gone and I strongly suspect one of the party goers. I spoke to my Nigerian neighbour that helped me to dress the Christmas tree and she told me that it was a friend of hers that had had the party. I knocked on the friend’s door and explained the situation with the missing stocking. The man came out in the hallway to have a look at the spot where the stocking used to hang. His Nigerian friend joined us and they chat along in Yoruba. The party host said he will replace the stocking next time he goes to the shops.
I was very pleased with that result but obviously he only said that to calm me down because the stocking is still missing!
I was contemplating writing an angry note about the immorality of stealing but decided against it since it will put a damp on the general Christmas spirit in house.

I have finally sorted a proper winter outfit for the cold winter ahead of us. The weather forecast tells us that the arctic weather will stay with us for the whole of January! But just in time for Christmas the blooming snow is gone and the temperature rises to around normal +8°C!
You can all thank me for the warmer weather. Getting my winter coat, which fills half my flat, will guarantee warm weather in the future. I will now have to buy a new wardrobe to house the damn thing!


At least I know what is missing in my life; my sister, my Christmas stocking and the arctic weather! I really hope I will get it back in 2011.


Happy New Year to all my lovely readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment