The big Saturday stink

Today it is Saturday and in my house that means smelly food day. I suppose I should be grateful that the person only has time to cook on Saturdays! I lit the incense burner to make the air in my flat breathable.
When I cleaned one of my cupboards I found a cockroach, so now I also got cockroaches on top of the mice. Well, it looks as if I will not have to spend Christmas alone, after all!

The other day I heard some noise in the hallway and it was the schoolchildren returning home from school. They have built a new school around the corner and the kids pass my house on their way to and from the school. They are very naughty!
The boys used to kick our intercom for the main door, which disabled it and the landlord had to call in a service. Obviously, this will in the long run increase our rents. The maintenance man put a big metal plate across the intercom to stop this. I think there must be one girl living in this house that also attends the school and when she opens the door the boys comes in and mess about.
I was thinking of the painting I put in the entrance hall and went down to have a look on what they were up to. I arrived just in time to see one of the boys throwing my new flowers and pots about, so much for my curve appeal. I totally lost my rag and shouted to the boys to get out.
I am planning to find out where the girl lives and have a chat with her parents, the landlord and the blooming school. It's one of those Academy Schools that sprout up like mushrooms everywhere.


I bought a plastic Christmas tree in Brixton Market to put in the hallway to cheer people up. I involved a neighbour and her daughter in the decorating of the tree. The little girl broke two of the baubles for the Christmas tree within two seconds! I showed her how to carefully put them on the tree and eventually we had ourselves a lovely Christmas tree.

The Christmas decorations slowly spread across the building and the 2nd floor also got a tree now. There are hope for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment