Sister Act

This week I got my hands on the hot ticket, Sister Act with Whoopi Goldberg, I and the girls enjoyed the show. It was bloody brilliant! I strongly recommend it, go and see it. I laughed my way through the whole thing.

As we left the theatre we passed a night club, next door to Palladium, where some clubbers were out for a fag. The girls, in their early twenties, were dressed in skimpy dresses and 6” stiletto heels. The boys on the other hand were dressed in baggy jeans and scrubby shoes! How fair is that on a scale of one to ten?
When I came to London I was surprised to realise that the F-word was bad, if you say you are a feminist, people look at you as you said you eat shit or kill people for a hobby! When I said that I am a feminist in a session at my rehab, I was told by the counsellor that I had extremist views! Bloody hell, feminism only means that you believe that men and women are equally worth. Oxford dictionary explain feminism as “the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes”. Not exactly extreme thinking, is it?
All humans are equally worth and should therefore have the same access to education, housing, pensions, pay, work and freedom to choose their lifestyle etc. The equal human rights are absolute, which means that each person’s individual worth stands above any religious or political opinions.

So sisters and brothers do not be afraid to use the f-word. Use it and be proud!

My sis sent me some photos from her last night out crayfishing, as you do in Sweden. Argh, how I long for the Swedish nature and the summer nights...




No comments:

Post a Comment