Life in cheap housing

I live in a crazy house in Brixton, not the house but the people in it.
The neighbour above me argues with her partner every night! She has a very loud and powerful voice that I and everybody else in the house have to endure. She barks at him about things he should or shouldn't have done. I am in bed thinking to myself, ‘why does she not just leave him?’ She doesn't like they way he behave and she seems to be unhappy with his lack of attention to her needs. But still she stays with him!
I used to be like that before, put up with shit from partners, when I was completely consumed by my illness. Now when I am stronger and love myself I have healthy boundaries for what I think is acceptable behaviour towards me.
A relationship where the man constantly ignores what I say is like living in a very small box  - it stops you from growing. I deserve a better life and relationship than that.
I wish my neighbour could move on and start to love herself so that she and everybody else in the house could sleep in the night and start to enjoy life again.

One of the neighbours on my floor is cooking seriously smelly food. The odour from it seeps in under my door and makes my breathing difficult. I lit incense and oil burners but nothing can take the smell away. The question is how do you tell your neighbour that their food smell shit without being rude?

Some of my neighbours like to use their windows as a form of rubbish chute and throw out condoms, used nappies and tampons. Some people just can't bother to walk the five meters to the bins so instead they just dump their rubbish outside the main entrance. This can explain why we got mice in the house!
I struggle to see the logic of this. Yes, we do live in a dump but you are only going to get the place as nice as you make it.

A neighbour and I tried to fix the back garden with plants and garden furniture for all to enjoy but people just keep on dumping things out there. I will not let this face me, next spring I will have a go at it again.

This year I will put a Christmas tree in the staircase to make the place nice for Christmas. It is going to be interesting to see how long the tree will stand. Maybe I should go around the house and take bets...

No comments:

Post a Comment