A damp on my Christmas preparations

I have spent two weeks scraping my window frames from mouldy magnolia paint that made the window look dirty. The damp in this house would take over if I didn't keep it in check with damp seal, tea tree oil and white paint. Not to mention my four boxes of damp crystals strategically placed throughout the flat. I empty about 500 ml water from them every month, water that, without the boxes would stay on my stuff and increase the damp problem in my flat.

As I was scraping the windows I spotted the soiled baby nappies, leaves, used baby wipes, cotton buds and piles of leaves outside the main entrance. I decided to fix the curve appeal of the building and clean the place up. I armed myself with latex cloves, a shovel and bin bags and went outside and started to sweep the street.
It turned out to be a great way to meet your neighbours. I must say that the people living on my road are really nice, friendly and social. People passing whilst I was cleaning up gave me little cheerful comments and greetings. One of the neighbours in my house joined in and helped me fill one bin bag, despite being dressed for work. He said I was his hero!
One of the lovely African women stopped for a chat and to show me her newborn twins. They were gorgeous. God knows how they all can fit into their small flat, two adults and three children in the same space I live in on my own and I feel cramped!

I bought two plants and pots and placed them outside the door to finish off my new stylish curve appeal as Kirstie Allsop and the lot talks about in their posh property programmes. Here in Brixton, I try to live the dream on a shoestring, my plants and pots cost me £3.00!


Now when the house is sorted I am ready to start the big Christmas clean up of my flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment